Cucina have been providing a restaurant service for The Kingston Academy since September 2018.
Our menus are be prepared daily in the new school kitchen using the best and freshest ingredients. Cucina employs an executive head chef to prepare food to the highest standards.
In addition to the main menu we offer a wide range of freshly prepared hot hand held snacks and deli style sandwiches, baguettes and salads including homemade sushi. A range of chilled fruit, yoghurt and dessert pots is also be available.
Pupils can purchase food on a day to day basis and choose from a selection of cold and hot food and snacks. There is no need to pre order food. Parents can view the current balance and items purchased by their child via Parentpay. Please be aware that pupils must have funds on their Parentpay account to purchase food items.
Those pupils that are eligible for free school meals will have an allowance added to their account. This means that they will be able to choose any two items and pay via the same till systems as other pupils.
We have implemented a new pupil recognition system using biometrics which will allow your child to access funds at the till to pay for their food choices.
This system brings with it a number of benefits:
- The ability for pupils to manage their own finances when choosing their food
- Improved security for handling cash transactions in the school
- Reduction in administration time and cost dealing with lost or forgotten cards/passwords/PINs
- Reduction in opportunities for bullying (there is nothing that can be stolen for use by another student)
- Children do not have to remember to bring a card
- Reduction in queuing time
Please click on the image to view the full menu.
The tariffs can be viewed here: