Skip to content
Skip to main navigation
Skip to after main content
Chrome Code for Chromebook Usage
TKA Chrome Code
- Chromebooks are owned and supplied by TKA and pupils are custodians of them.
- They must be treated with respect and care.
- The main purpose of issuing Chromebooks is to enhance learning and this should be the focus of activities they are used for.
- As much as possible, any personal (non-school related) communication should be done on other devices.
- Emails should be of a professional standard.
Looking after a Chromebook
- When not in use, the Chromebook should be kept in its protective bag.
- Don’t let the Chromebook get wet or leave it outside.
- When using your Chromebook, be sitting down to minimise the chance of you dropping it.
- Keep food and drink away from the Chromebook.
- If you are eating, the Chromebook should be in its bag.
- At lunch time, Chromebooks can be used from 1:15 pm onwards.
- Put a name tag in (or on) the slot on the bag.
- Note down your Chromebook’s number in your planner as well as on a Google Doc (in case you should lose your planner).
- Chromebooks should be fully charged for the start of each day.
- Chromebooks should be kept in their bags until the teacher gives permission for them to be taken out and used.
- When out of bags but not in use (for example, when listening to a teacher’s instructions) the Chromebook lid should be shut.
- When the teacher asks for attention, as well as being silent, hands should be off the keyboard and trackpad/mouse.
- YouTube should not be used at break and lunchtime; only in lessons as directed by a teacher.
- Instant messaging should not be used without permission.
- Non-educational games should not be played whilst at school.
- Educational games will need permission from the teacher in charge at the time.
- If anything is encountered that is upsetting, offensive or inappropriate, then it should be reported as soon as possible to a member of the teaching staff.