School SEN Profile
We are required by the Department of Education to publicise the profile of our SEN intake.
The profile of our current 2020-21 intake (Year 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12) is as follows:
- 44 pupils have an Education Health Care Plan
- 100 pupils are on KSEN – SEND Support – Interventions and a support plan in place
- 84 pupils are on Quality First Teaching – Needs are met by quality teaching in the classroom or pupils who have been identified as having a Special Educational Need but without a formal diagnosis or need for interventions.
The range of SEN includes Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social, Emotional and Mental Health and Sensory and/or Physical.
This is made up of the following groups:
- 46% of pupils with SEND have needs linked to Cognition and Learning including maths, reading, writing and a range of specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.
- 25% of pupils with SEND have needs linked to Communication and Interaction including speech, language and social communication and interaction disorders such as Asperger’s and Autism.
- 20% of pupils with SEND have needs linked to Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties including ADHD and ADD
- 9% of pupils with SEND have needs linked to Physical and/or Sensory difficulties including disabilities affecting vision, hearing and mobility.