School SEN Profile
We are required by the Department of Education to publicise the profile of our SEN intake.
The profile of our current 2018-19 intake (Year 7, 8, 9 and 10) is as follows:
- 27 pupils have an Education Health Care Plan
- 61 pupils have been identified as having a Special Educational Need, (not including those pupils with an EHCP).
The range of SEN includes Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social, Emotional and Mental Health and Sensory and/or Physical.
- 43% of pupils with SEN have needs linked to Cognition and Learning including maths, reading, writing and a range of specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.
- 35% of pupils with SEN have needs linked to Communication and Interaction including speech, language and social communication and interaction disorders such as Asperger’s and Autism.
- 15% of pupils with SEN have needs linked to Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties including ADHD and ADD
- 7% of pupils with SEN have needs linked to Physical and/or Sensory difficulties including disabilities affecting vision, hearing and mobility.