Fantastic GCSE Results & First Ever A Level Results
The Kingston Academy today received a phenomenal first ever set of GCSE results, providing strong external validation of the excellent reputation that the school has developed in the local area since its foundation in 2015. The provisional progress 8 score is +1.07 showing that pupils received on average one grade higher than their peers nationally. This puts the school on a par with some of the highest performing non-selective schools nationally and is snapping at the heels of many highly selective schools.
- 90% of pupils achieved Grade 4 or above in both English and Mathematics, with 80% at Grade 5 or above in both English and Mathematics.
- Attainment overall was very high, with pupils achieving an average grade of 6.11 across their best 8 subjects (Attainment 8).
- 25% of GCSE grades awarded were 8 and 9.
- 44% of all grades were at Grade 7 or above, with 38% of pupils achieving Grade 7 or above in at least five subjects, demonstrating excellent achievement at the top end.
- Attainment and progress were particularly strong in Religious Studies, History and Mathematics, with 92%, 62% and 54% respectively at Grade 7 or above.
- 9 pupils achieved Grade 8 or 9 in at least ten subjects, with one pupil achieving Grade 9 in twelve subjects.
Coming on the back of two years of disruption due to COVID, these amazing results bear witness to the resilience, ambition, attention to detail and sheer hard work of both pupils and teachers alike, as well as underlining the strength of support provided by parents and carers during this time.
A Level Results
TKA is proud to be able to announce today an excellent inaugural set of A level results from our History Makers, the majority of whom joined us in 2015 when the school first opened:
- 25% of grades were A*-A
- 52% at A*-B
- 83% at A*-C
- 99.7% at A* -E
The students’ achievement is all the more impressive given the disruption they have experienced over the past two years due to the pandemic and the fact that these are the first set of public exams sat by this year group. Congratulations to students and our thanks to both students and staff for all their hard work and resilience over the past two years.