English Teacher – September 2018 start
Position: English Teacher
Salary: Main pay scale (Outer London) – spine point dependent on experience
Location: Kingston Upon Thames
Commitment: Permanent – Full-time
Commencement: September 2018
Closing date: Midday on Monday 15th January 2018
Assessment Day: Wednesday 24th January 2018
The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated English Teacher to join our fast growing, ambitious Academy. We are able to offer key subject responsibilities to the right candidate and as a rapidly developing school, The Kingston Academy will provide you with exceptional opportunities for career development and progression.
The Kingston Academy is new Free Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. In Autumn 2017, the beginning of our third year of operation, we have over 500 pupils across the three year groups of 7, 8 and 9.
Candidates wishing to visit the school to meet with our Lead English teacher, Mr Jamie Bell, are welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Lesley Thomas on 0208 465 6206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you are unable to visit the school prior to the deadline, your application will not be disadvantaged in any sense.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Broad base of subject knowledge
- Ability to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5 ultimately
- Successful training, teaching practice and / or successful prior teaching experience
- Awareness of, and willingness to implement new digital approaches to teaching
- Clear understanding of successful classroom practice
- Possess a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a curriculum / subject team
- Effective ICT skills
- Ability to maintain good classroom behaviour
- Effective organizational skills e.g. lesson preparation, scheme of work development, meeting deadlines, good record keeping etc.
- Effective inter-personal skills
Job Description and Person Specification
More detail on the role and person specification for candidates can be found here:
You are asked to complete and include the following:
Application statement (two sides of A4) detailing:
- Prior experience relevant to the context of the post
- What attracts you to this particular school and this particular post
- Why are you uniquely qualified above all other candidates
- How you will contribute towards taking TKA ‘beyond what other schools ordinarily do’
All relevant checks will be carried out to ensure that candidates meet child safe-guarding requirements.
Please send through your application to Lesley Thomas via email@example.com by midday on Monday January 15th 2018.
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfills the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
- Teaching an observed lesson to a full class of pupils;
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
- Written safeguarding exercise;
- Interview with Subject Lead and Head Teacher.
We look forward to receiving your application.